Where you Live
1. Where do you live at the moment?
2. What do you like about your neighbourhood?
3. Are there any parks where you live?
1. How much work do you do in a week?
2. Do you have to work on weekends as well?
3. Do you like the place where you work?
4. What would make your work more interesting?
1. Do you wear perfume or aftershave?
2. Do you have a favourite kind of perfume or aftershave?
3. Would you ever give perfume as a gift?
4. Do people in your country often wear perfume?
5. Would you ever buy an expensive bottle of perfume?
6. Do you think people spend too much money on perfume?
7. Have you received perfume as a gift?
Do you like to wear jeans?
How often do you wear jeans?
Did you use to wear jeans when you were younger?
Would you pay a lot for jeans?
1. Do you like science?
2. Did you learn about science in primary school?
3. Did you have science classes at school?
4. How often do you read about science?
5. Do you think it is important to study science?
1. Do you like cakes?
2. Have you ever baked a cake?
3. How often do you eat cakes?
4. Do you like having desserts? When do you eat them?
5. Are cakes popular in your country?
6. What desserts are popular in your country?
Do you usually use a pen/pencil?
Do you prefer to use a pen or pencil for writing?
When was the last time you bought a pen/pencil?
How often do you buy pens/pencils?
Did you like to write with a pen or pencil when you were a child?
How would you feel if someone gave you a pen/pencil as a gift?
Would you pay a lot for a pen/pencil?
1. Do you often change your hair style?
2. Do you enjoy going to the barbershop/hairdresser’s?
3. What kind of haircuts did you get as a kid?
4. Do people in your country get a lot of haircuts?
5. Would you like to change the colour of your hair?
Do you like history?
Did you enjoy learning history when you were a child?
When was the last time you read about history?
DO you think history is important? Why?
Do you like teamwork?
When was the last time you worked with a team?
Do you like to work or study with others or just by yourself?
What’s the most important thing for teamwork?
Do you like being a leader?
Do you think teamwork is important?
1) Are you happy to be the age you are now?
2) When you were a child, did you think a lot about your future?
3) Do people change as they grow older?
4) Do you think you have changed as you have got older?
5) What will be different about your life in the future?
6) Is childhood the happiest time in a person’s life?
• How often do you drink water?
• What kinds of water do you like to drink?
• Is water expensive in your country?
• Do you drink bottled water or water from water machines?
• Do you feel you drink enough water?
• Did you drink a lot of water when you were younger?
• How many glasses of water should people drink every day?
• Do you often look at the sky?
• Do you like to watch stars?
• Do you prefer to look at the sky during the day or at night?
• What do you think about when you look at the sky?
• Have you ever taken a course about stars/planets?
• Where is the best view of the sky where you live?
• Are there often clouds in the sky in your country?
• Is the sky often overcast?
• Is star-gazing popular in your country?
• Are there any spectacular sunsets in your country?
• What do you think “patience” is?
• Do you have patience?
• Would you say you are a patient person?
• Have you ever lost your patience?
• When do you need patience the most?
• What do you become impatient about?
• What do you do when you get impatient?
• Do you like plants?
• Do you know a lot about plants?
• Have you ever had a plant?
• Would you give a plant as a present?
• Why do people like plants in their house?
• Do you have a garden?
• Do you know how to cultivate plants?
• Do you often have dreams?
• Do you usually remember your dreams?
• Do you think we can learn something from dreams?
• Do you share your dreams with other people?
• Do you think dreams affect life?
Do you like your own voice?
Do you enjoy recording your voice?
Do you like listening to it?
Has your voice ever changed?
Does your voice sound similar to your parents?
Are there some people’s voices you don’t like?
Do you like going to museums?
Have you ever been to an art gallery?
Did you take art classes when you were a child?
Are there any paintings on the wall in your bedroom?
1. Do you walk a lot?
2. Did you walk more when you were younger?
3. Why do some people prefer walking to driving a car?
4. Do people in your country walk a lot?
1. Do you like animals?
2. What is your favourite animal?
3. What do you like about animals?
4. Are people in your country fond of animals?
5. Have you ever kept a pet?
6. Why do some people keep pets at home?
What wild animal do you like the most?
Have you ever seen any wild animals before?
Do you like going to the zoo?
What are the disadvantages of hunting animals?
1. When you were a child, where did you like to play?
2. Did you prefer playing indoors or outdoors?
3. What kinds of games did you play?
4. Do kids benefit more from playing outside?
5. What was your favourite toy?
Coffee or Tea
1. Do you drink coffee or tea?
2. When did you last drink coffee or tea?
3. Is coffee or tea more popular in your country?
4. Which would you offer to visitors who came to your home?
1. Are your relatives or friends more important to you?
2. When did you last see your relatives?
3. How do you spend time with your relatives?
4. Are people in your country usually close with their relatives?
1. Have you ever had a pet?
2. What kind of pets do people like to have?
3. What kinds of pets are common in your country?
4. Do many people in your country have pets?
1. Which season do you like the most?
2. Is it better to live in a place with 4 seasons or just 1?
3. What is the weather like in your city?
4. How do people in your country deal with bad weather?
• Are clothes and clothing fashions important to you?
• What different clothes do you wear for different situations?
• Do you wear different styles of clothes now compared to 10 years ago?
• Do you think the clothes we wear say something about who we are?
• Where do you buy most of your clothes? [Why?]
• How often do you buy new clothes for yourself? [Why?]
• How do you decide which clothes to buy? [Why?]
• Have the kinds of clothes you like changed in recent years? [Why? / Why not?]
• Do you care about fashion?
• Do people from your country think fashion is important?
1. Did you ever want to be a teacher?
2. Which teacher do you remember best?
3. What did you like most about your teachers?
4. Do teachers remember their students in your country?
1. Which places in your city are crowded?
2. Why are those places so crowded?
3. How do you feel in crowded places?
4. Have you ever felt comfortable in a very crowded place?
1. Who is your favourite film star?
2. Would you like to be a film star?
3. Have you ever met a film star in person?
4. Are film stars popular in your country?
1. Do you often go to the cinema?
2. What kinds of movies do you like to watch?
3. Did you like to go to the cinema when you were a child?
4. Do you prefer to go alone or with friends?
1. What is your morning routine?
2. How is your routine different from when you were a child?
3. What would you like to change about your current routine?
4. What is a typical morning routine like for people in your country?
1. Do you like to cook?
2. Why do some people like cooking?
3. Do you usually eat at home or eat out?
4. What do people in your country usually cook?
1. Do you like sunglasses?
2. How often do you wear sunglasses?
3. What types of sunglasses do you have?
4. Would you give sunglasses as a gift?
5. Is it worth it to spend a lot of money on sunglasses?
6. Where can you buy sunglasses?
7. Have you ever lost sunglasses?
8. Do people in your country like to wear sunglasses?
1. Do you like music?
2. Which types of music do you like?
3. Would you like to learn a musical instrument?
4. Have you ever been to a live concert?
1. Do you like plants?
2. When you were a child, did you like plants?
3. Have you ever received a plant as a gift?
4. Where can you learn about growing plants from?
1. How often do you get bored?
2. What activity do you do when you are bored?
3. Do you get bored more now compared to when you were younger?
4. How do most people in your country deal with boredom?
1. What is your favourite colour?
2. What colour do you think is good for rooms?
3. Do you prefer light or dark colours?
4. What colours do people in your country like to wear?
• Do you like sharing things with other people?
• What things do you like to share with others?
• Is there anything you would not share?
• Do you think it is important to share?
• Did your parents encourage you to share?
• What are the things your parents told you not to share with anyone?
• Do you think that more people will share cars in the future?
1. What public holidays do you celebrate in your country?
2. Which public holiday do you like the most?
3. What do you do during that holiday?
4. Do you think there should be more public holidays in your country?
1. Do you prefer to wear shoes that are comfortable or fashionable?
2. Do you buy many shoes?
3. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
4. What is your favourite pair of shoes?
5. What kind of shoes do you usually wear?
6. Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?
7. How often do you buy shoes? Where?
8. Do you like expensive shoes?
9. Would you ever spend a lot of money on shoes?
10. Have you ever bought shoes online?
1. Do you have good handwriting?
2. How did you learn your handwriting?
3. Do you like receiving hand-written letters?
4. How important is handwriting in your country?
1. Do you communicate via emails?
2. Do you prefer getting texts or emails?
3. Have you ever received an email that made you happy?
4. Is email popular in your country?
1. Do you like to read?
2. When do you usually read?
3. Did you like to read when you were younger?
4. Do people read less today?
1. What kinds of foods do you like to eat?
2. How different is food in your country today from when you were younger?
3. Which foods do you dislike?
4. What foods do people in your country buy at the market?
1. Do you like drawing?
2. Which types of drawings do you like?
3. Would you like to decorate your room with paintings?
4. Have you ever learned about drawing in school?
1. When do you usually smile?
2. How can you identify a fake smile?
3. When was the last time you saw a bunch of people smiling?
4. Do you often smile when taking photos?
1. Do you like street markets?
2. What’s the difference between street markets and supermarkets?
3. Would you prefer a street market or a supermarket in a foreign country?
4. How popular are street markets in your country?
1. How do you react when you see litter on the streets?
2. Do you recycle?
3. How do you help keep the streets tidy?
4. What would you do if someone else dropped some litter?
1. Do you like mathematics?
2. Did you take mathematics lessons?
3. How do math skills come in handy in daily life?
4. Have you ever used an electronic calculator?
1. How much do you sleep every night?
2. Do you think it’s a good idea to have a nap during the day?
3. Did you sleep more in the past than you do now?
4. Do you think old people need more sleep than young people?
Cards and invitations
1. Do you often send cards?
2. On what occasions do you send cards?
3. Do you prefer to receive cards or emails?
4. Is sending cards common in your country?
1. Do you like reading books?
2. What kind of books do you like most?
3. What sort of books did you read as a child?
4. Is it important to read? Why?
1. Do you like going to the countryside?
2. What do you like to do there?
3. Have you ever lived in the countryside?
4. Would you like to live in the countryside in the future?
1. Do you think you are a good friend?
2. Do you still have some friends from your childhood?
3. Has the types of friends you make changed a lot?
4. What makes a good friend?
• Do you have a favourite number or a number that is special to you?
• Do any numbers have special importance in your country?
• Are you good at memorising numbers? Why / why not?
• What numbers do people often have to memorise?
• Do you often use numbers to do things?
• Would you like to have a job that deals with numbers?
How often do you ride a bicycle?
Did you learn riding a bicycle when you were a child?
Is it easy for you to ride a bicycle in your country?
What do you think are the benefits of riding a bicycle for a child?
Is it safe to ride bicycles on the roads?
How popular are bicycles in your home town?
Do you think that bikes are suitable for all ages?
What are the advantages of a bicycle compared to a car?
Do you like parks? Why / why not?
Are there many public parks in your country?
Are public parks important in your country?
What do people in your country like to do in parks or gardens?
What are the benefits of having gardens in the city?
Why do people living in cities like public gardens?
Do you think it is important for cities to have public parks?
Does your hometown have any beautiful scenery?
Do you like to visit places with beautiful views?
Do you like to take pictures of beautiful scenery?
When was the last time you laughed?
Do you like watching funny TV programmes on TV?
What kinds of thing make you laugh?
Do you like making other people laugh? [Why/Why not?]
Do you think it’s important for friends to laugh together? [Why/Why not?]
Is laughing the same as feeling happy, do you think? [Why/Why not?]
Have you ever done any water sports/
What kind of water sports do you like doing?
What kind of water sports would you like to try?
Are water sports popular in your country?
Do you like running?
Where do you usually go running?
Have you ever run a long distance?
Do you think running is a good way to stay healthy?
Do you prefer a long break or several short breaks?
How often do you take a break?
What do you usually do during a break?
Why do you need to take a break?
Spending time by yourself/alone
Do you like spending time by yourself?
How do you usually spend time when you are by yourself?
What did you do last time when you were by yourself?
1. When is concentrating hard for you?
2. What helps you concentrate more?
3. Is it easy for you to do two or more things at the same time?
4. When do you need to concentrate the most?
2. Does your job require concentrating and attention to detail?
3. Is it difficult/easy to concentrate? (Why?)
4. What affects you ability to concentrate?
5. What type of environment do you need to work peacefully?
6. Do you (ever) do anything to help you concentrate?
7. Do you think people can do two things at the same time?
Coffee or Tea
Cards and invitations
Spending time by yourself/alone